SIMPLE BASIC SKINCARE
- Skincare products
- Cotton pads
- Q tips
- Face Towels
SIMPLE SKINCARE BASICS. Skincare is unique and intricate. Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to reach our desired skin health. But often, if we keep it simple, it is much easier to dial in.
The Basics– Cleansing, Moisturizing, Extras
1. Cleansing – In most cases, use a gentle cleanser. Above all, do not go to bed with a foundation on as it will clog your pores. (Cetaphil Gentle Face Cleanser, Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser, Dr. Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk, Drunk Elephant No.9 Jelly Cleanser)
3. Eye creams - there are many different types of creams for various conditions. Some I like to use are Mac Fast Response Eye Cream, Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream, and Clinique All About Eyes.
4. Blackheads - Try diluted tree oil, apple vinegar, or witch hazel for a few days. Apply with a Q-tip or cotton pad.
5. Exfoliate - Use a gentle scrub or exfoliator 1 to 3 times a week. However, be gentle. If any irritation occurs wait until it is completely healed before using again. (Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant, Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Scrub, St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub)
8. Mask: Use masks as needed. For example, clay masks work well for pores and oil. Try Aztec Healing Clay.
9. Retinol: Use retinol as needed, usually 2-3 times a week. For instance, I use Miracle of the Sea by our dermatologist Dr. Eric Lewis back in Beverly Hills – he is amazing!)
This is a simple skincare routine that only covers the basics. As there are many types of skin and skin conditions it is best to research products and if necessary, consult a dermatologist and a facialist if needed.
As a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Aztec Healing Clay
Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub
hawaiian facial scrub
gentle cream exfoliant
Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer | Ulta Beauty
Dr. Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk 4.9oz
ALL IN ONE MOISTURE GEL
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser
Miracle Skin Solutions – The Healing Power of Marine Science
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer | Ulta Beauty
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser | Ulta Beauty
MACRO VINTAGE T3 PREMIUM OIL
Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner | Ulta Beauty
Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Facial Toner | Ulta Beauty
LOVELY SKIN OIL FOR THE FACE & BODY
Lovely skin oil for the face & body is an excellent choice as a moisturizer. As we get into winter, you might find your skin is getting a bit dryer. I have combination skin (that is, let’s say mature, lol), and the oils are a perfect solution for me. Oils for the face and body can keep your skin soft and velvety. I love skin oils for my face, neck, hands, and body. I love the way they absorb quickly into the skin. For a most lovely face oil that seeps flawlessly into the skin, I recommend Koh Gen Do Macro Vintage Skin oil.
Another excellent face oil is Drunk Elephant’s Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. Dr. Hauschka Neem Nail & Cuticle Oil works wonders for your nails and cuticles.
EMU oil is my go-to for super dry spots on my face, hands, and hairline. Also, for my hands, I discovered an excellent treatment when prepping sweet potatoes with olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. I massage the leftover oil mixture onto my hands, leaving them soft and smooth. Coconut oil is the perfect moisturizer for the body and feet.
This site is ad-supported. Learn more here. Please check out my affiliate partners! Doing so helps you and supports my blog – DaySpring, WPengine, Sephora, Ulta, Barnes and Noble, Koh Gen Do, Dr. Perricone